Sunday, December 16, 2012

Safety Contract

This is the text of the safety contract I used in the classroom. I had students to sign the contract and take it home for parents to sign. I received the original text to the contract as an employee of Fayette County Board of Education in Fayetteville, GA. United States of America. I may have changed the wording over the years.

What I liked about the contract that it was short and complete.


I will:
1.  Follow all instructions given by the teacher.
2.  Read directions thoroughly before starting an activity.
3.  Protect eyes, face, hands, and body while conducting an                  
     activity.
4.  Know the location of first-aid and firefighting equipment.
5.  Carry out good housekeeping practices.
6.  Conduct myself in a responsible manner at all times in a          
     laboratory situation.
I, ________________________, have read and agree to abide by the safety regulations as set forth above and also any additional printed instructions provided by the teacher and/or district.  I further agree to follow all other written and verbal instructions given in class.  I understand that violation of the Student Safety Contract will result in the suspension of my lab privileges for whatever amount of time is deemed necessary by the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Comments with links will not be published.